Emily's the knitter, Clare's the spinner, and we both like cocktails!

Friday 29 July 2011

Batts and Fibre

So last weekend we had a family outing to Fibre East - Shelley, Emily and me went early and did a Batt course with Jill, then Sue, Pat, Nanny, her friend and Alice all joined us to wander around, watch sheep being sheared and buy stuff!
The batt workshop was great, getting ideas about colour, blending fibres, making batts on a theme and accidentally putting a deposit on a drum carder!?
Then we wandered around and bought lots of fibre, most of it for me to spin for Emily, but some from picperfic for me to spin for me!
Here are some pictures of the batts and the finished sample skeins - I guess my first art yarn!
Bad Day on the Motorway (complete with cars!)
bad day on the motorway 2bad day on the motorwaybad day on the motorway 4bad day on the motorway 3
Walk in the woods - think winter time
walk in the woods 5walk in the woods progresswalk in the woods  2walk in the woods 4
Then some lovely dyed fibre from Picperic - whose stuff I used for GTs shawl during the spintelligence course;
Twinkle - 70% superwash merino and 30% trilobal nylon - for Emily, two skeins
twinkle picperfic 2twinkle picperfic
Susie - 75% organic merino, 25% mulberry silk - 3 skeins, probably for me
susie picperfic

I will do another post soon to show all the natural, undyed stuff we also bought, including some fleece that needs washing and scouring - looks like I am getting a stash fit for a busy winter!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the motorway and ittle cars, great fun. Was lovely weekend, thank you xxxx

Sarah said...

yummy wool. love looking at other people's goodies!!